Thursday, October 1, 2026

Governor names Letitia James as Special Prosecutor in Cornell Rape Investigation

Hochul Names Letitia James as Special Prosecutor in Cornell Case (Thanks to Addy for this one)

Gov. Kathy Hochul appointed the state attorney general to investigate a former Cornell University student’s allegation of rape. The woman has sued seven men in connection with the alleged assault.

Cornell Students Call for Change at Fiery Public Meeting

Through tears, some students shared stories of assaults they had experienced, while others spoke out to criticize administrators and demand improved training on consent.

 'I felt like bait,' Jane Doe said at 2025 Cornell University hearing investigating allegations of fraternity house sexual assault - ABC News

How a Cornell Student Went From Shame to Action - The New York Times

The Cornell Rape Investigation: Five Takeaways - The New York Times

Statement Written by Police in Cornell Assault Case Omitted Her Claim She Was Raped - The New York Times

Cornell Students Question Greek Life Culture After Sexual Assault Claim - The New York Times

Cornell’s Jane Doe Said She Was Given Ketamine. Here’s How the Drug Works. - The New York Times

For some freshmen who just arrived at Cornell, hearing about Jane Doe’s case has been a gut punch. Iona Macdonald, 18, was relieved that in her first days at Cornell, administrators required her and every classmate to show up at the enormous Bailey Hall for a lecture on consent and how to report assaults. So she was shaken when news of the alleged campus rape case broke weeks later, with a shocking front-page story in the Cornell Daily Sun.

“I got the feeling that if something bad happened, I would be protected,” Ms. Macdonald said. “I just feel like I got the wrong impression.”