Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Charges Against Pro Golfer Scottie Scheffler Dropped by Louisville prosecutor

Criminal charges against Scottie Scheffler dropped by Louisville prosecutor in PGA case (Golf Digest)

Scottie Scheffler breaks silence with classy statement after seeing all charges dropped (msn.com)

"As I stated previously, this was an unfortunate misunderstanding. I hold no ill will toward Officer Gillis. I wish to put this incident behind me and move on, and I hope he will do the same. Police officers have a difficult job and I hold them in high regard. This was a severe miscommunication in a chaotic situation.

"I appreciate the support during the past two weeks and want to again encourage everyone to remember the real tragedy of May 17. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with John Mills and his family, and I hope to personally offer my condolences now that the case is over. May John rest in peace. Thank you, Scottie."